[ECOS] compile error when using newer version ecos configuration tool

Trenton D. Adams tadams@theone.dnsalias.com
Thu Nov 1 23:47:00 GMT 2001

I don't know what it stands for, but I know what it's used for.

Here's a quote from a Technical Article from MSDN which should be
relevant since bss is the same for ELF binaries as it is for PE binaries
as far as I know! :)

The size of the sections that the loader commits space for in the
virtual address space, but that don't take up any space in the disk
file. These sections don't need to have specific values at program
startup, hence the term uninitialized data. Uninitialized data usually
goes into a section called .bss.