[ECOS] how to compile with shared object in arm-elf-gcc

Jesper Skov jskov@cambridge.redhat.com
Tue May 29 23:56:00 GMT 2001

Piteir> Hi, I ever compiled an application using arm-linux-gcc with
Piteir> shared object *.so and now I want to compile the same
Piteir> application with arm-elf-gcc, because it seems that
Piteir> arm-elf-gcc using independent library.

Piteir> -Can any one tell/give me some examples, how to compile in
Piteir> arm-elf-gcc (the setting, etc)?

You can't - the final link must produce a static executable since eCos
does not support dynamic linking.

I suspect you can probably use your existing build rules, but for eCos
builds specify -static when linking the final executable.

However, that may well bloat the executable more than using archives
and linker garbage collection as described in the eCos mauals.

Jesper