[ECOS] MPC8240

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed May 23 06:48:00 GMT 2001

K Srinivas Aithal wrote:

> I would like to use ecos for one of project based on
> MPC8240.
>
> I found that eCos supports MPC603. Since MPC8240's
> core is a MPC603 processor, so I  think it will not be
> a problem to take eCos on to my board.
>
> My problem is that MPC603 is supported only on
> simulator on Linux (psim target). How easy is my task
> now. Can I take this psim environment for a live
> target.

If you start from the anonymous CVS version, you'll see that there is a
ppc60x variant HAL. It's probably not complete as it's only been used so
far with psim. But since you'll have to do a board port anyway, filling in
the gaps isn't likely to be of much consequence, and all the framework is
there.