[ECOS] Insight GUI start fails - REAL solution???

Huang Qiang jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk
Thu May 17 01:43:00 GMT 2001

you can get the lastest version( development version I do think) from this
site:
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/

then get the Insight: insight+dejagnu-20010517.tar.bz2

good luck
james

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[ mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
harri.siirtola@vtt.fi
Sent: 17 May 2001 09:11
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Insight GUI start fails - REAL solution???

I browsed every FAQ I knew for this. This has been up many times, still
nobody gave clear answers other than "get the latest version". I have,
still same error:

Can't find a usable main.tcl in the following directories:

can't read "errMsg": no such variable
and so on.

The main.tcl is in the first dir mentioned in the message, also running gdb
without GUI is ok.

I downloaded insight-5.0.tar.bz2 and patched with insight-tcl.pat before
configuring and building (for target arm-elf).

My other tools:
Win98
CygWin 1.3.1
GCC and C++ 2.95.2

Thanks for any hints, this problem seems to be so common that many other
people will be happy getting the answer I'm sure.
	Harri