[ECOS] GCC & Insight build problems (Cygwin, arm-elf)

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Mon May 14 10:12:00 GMT 2001

>I downloaded the latest versions of the tools today and followed the
>instructions on sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf-html.

I don't believe it's possible to build recent GCC snapshots under Cygwin.
The current CVS sources seem to build correctly only on Linux. I spent many
hours struggling with this and begging for help in various forums, manually
editing header files and so on, but at this time I'm just convinced it's
broken.

2.95.2 does build OK on Cygwin.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."