[ECOS] xscale ATU direct addressing on secondary PCI bus

Mark Salter msalter@redhat.com
Fri May 11 18:36:00 GMT 2001

> Greetings-

Hi Kip.

> I'm trying to configure the secondary PCI bus for
> ATU outbound direct addressing on the IQ80310.

> The redboot setup for the ATUCR is:
> *ATU_reg = 0x00000006;

> If I try asserting 'Direct addressing enable' and
> 'Secondary Direct addressing enable':
> *ATU_reg = 0x00000186;
> the machine hangs immediately.

> I suspect that I have to set something else up.

I think that direct ATU addressing may be impossible on the IQ80310.
I have never tried it, though. The doc says that the direct addressing
window goes from 0x00002000 - 0x7FFFFFFF. The problem is that this
area is also used for flash. Flash starts at 0, has a "hole" for the
80312 i/o chip register from 0x1000 - 0x1fff, then the rest of flash
is from 0x2000 to 0x1ffffff. That conflicts with the direct addressing
window, so it seems that the direct window must remain disabled.
This is just my impression from reading the docs and dooing the
RedBoot port. Intel developer support would be the place to get the
definitive answer.

--Mark