[ECOS] RedBoot Install [arm evaluator 7t]

Gary Thomas gthomas@cambridge.redhat.com
Mon May 7 05:48:00 GMT 2001


On 07-May-2001 Yacc wrote:
> 
> 
> Hello, Everyone.
> 
> I'm using arm Evaluator-7t Board (Host : Linux(Redhat 7.0, Wow release))
> 
> I succeded to create binutil, gcc, gdb(Insight 5.0) and current Redboot using following command
>:
> 
># ecosconfig new e7t redboot
># ecosconfig tree
># make

This isn't sufficient - you need to build a version for ROM (Flash) based
operation.

Try this:
  % ecosconfig new e7t redboot
  % ecosconfig import ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/arm/e7t/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make

> 
> 
> The resule files are redboot.UU, redboot.bin, redboot.elf, redboot.img.
> 
> I download redboot.UU to my board
> 
> Boot : flasherase 01820000 10000
> Boot : download 10000
> 
>#cat redboot.UU >  /dev/ttyS0
> 
> Boot: flashwrite 01820000 10000 10000
> Boot: rommodules
> 
> Header     Base         Limit 
> 01805390 01800000  01805c8e BootStrapLoader v1.0.1 Nov 13 2000
> 01807280 01807000  018072e0 ProductionTest   v1.0.1 Oct 05 2000
> 018273c0 01820000  01828590 RedBoot                      May  7 2001
>  
> Boot : plugin Redboot
> 
>  
> 
> But, When I restart the board, the board is reboot Continuously.
> 
> Are there any experiences? Please let me know the slolution. 
> 
> Thanks and Regards
> 



More information about the Ecos-discuss mailing list