[ECOS] Ethernet drivers

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed May 2 11:48:00 GMT 2001

Sebastien ANDRE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to use an ethernet device on our custom board using a ARM7TDMI
> I see in the official site that ethernet driver exist for specific board
> and i want know the cost in work
> and time to adapt it in our board ?

Depends how similar the driver is to the driver on your board. Maybe the
only thing you need to change is I/O addresses. Some of the drivers in eCos
have been written to be more generic than some others which are
board-specific. It depends on which type a driver for your board would be
based on.

> I don't see anithing about ethernet driver for a PowerPC MPC823 and i
> want know too if it exist ?

There's a QUICC ethernet driver.