[ECOS] problems with ecosconfig

Dan Conti danc@iobjects.com
Tue Mar 27 14:03:00 GMT 2001

please excuse the poor formatting.

> Dan Conti wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > i'm using cygwin and a february cvs snapshot of ecos. i have a
> .ecc that i
> > use for my project, which works fine on my local machine. when i copy it
> > elsewhere and try to generate a build tree (using ecosconfig
> tree) the build
> > tree is not generated properly; i get an error because
> pkgconf/system.h is
> > missing a large number of macros. i get the same problem if i
> copy the .ecc
> > and open it with the configtool. i can, however, open the .ecc
> i use in the
> > configtool, save it to a new location, and build that properly.
>
> While what you are describing sounds like a genuine problem, have you
> looked at "ecosconfig export" ?

good thought. running "ecosconfig export" generates an overly bare .ecm
which actually has no information about my configuration, other than the
hardware target name.

one thing that didn't occur to me when i mailed is that i'm using a new
hardware target. effectively it is just a copy of an existing target with
some new packages that are specific to my target board. however, it does
have a new name. this hardware target is likely to be the end culprit
(somehow), since it is the only thing off hand that seems different between
this config and other configs that i use. i'm still a bit concerned that
this process works when using the configtool and "save as" but not with
"ecosconfig tree"

> As for your problem, do the missing macros definitely exist in the .ecc
> file? Are you sure the repositories are exactly the same (diff -urN may be
> good to check)? If it's copied between OS's could it be some manifestation
> of a line ending problem?

at this moment, it's just one tree on my machine. the two different configs
both point to the same tree. my .ecc file is complete, from what i can see.
some more clues, a snippet from the ecc:

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;

    # These fields should not be modified.
    hardware    dharma ;
    template    default ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EDB7XXX current ;
    package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
};

a snippet from the .ecm that i generate by doing "ecosconfig export" on the
ecc:

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;
    hardware    dharma ;
    template    default ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
};

a snippet from the .ecm that i generate by using File->Export... in the
Configtool:

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;
    hardware    dharma ;
    template    default ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EDB7XXX current ;
    package CYGPKG_IO_FLASH current ;
};

So it appears that ecosconfig doesn't like my configuration at all?

-Dan