[ECOS] [Fwd: Question about multi-thread programming with cyg_thread_delay() function]

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 02:43:00 GMT 2001

This mail, sent privately, should go to the list instead...

Jifl

To : "Jonathan Larmour" <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
Subject : Question about multi-thread programming with cyg_thread_delay() function
>From : "Huang Qiang" <jameshq at liverpool dot ac dot uk>
Date : Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:38:19 -0000

Hi Jonathan:
     Thank you for your answer
for my question. I have some questions:

Q1.  I have tried to create
two threads at the same priority and run at the same time. In each thread I call
an delay function cyg_thread_delay(100), and each
thread just run into cyg_thread_delay(100) and never wakes again. What's
happenning?

Q2.  Should I initialize any
interrupt or set up any clock first before I resume these two
threads?

Q3.  If in multi-thread
program should the cyg_thread_delay( ) function be called for other thread to be
run? But if I using an low speed peripheral     equipment and not use cyg_thread_delay( ), could any
other thread be run during communication with the low speed peripheral equipment
? ( In    PC it does like that for
multi-thread programming)??

Thank you very much!
james