[ECOS] Problem downloading eCos

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 08:14:00 GMT 2001

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> There are also some performance issues with eCos. Due to current gcc
> bug(s), it's not possible to compile eCos in Thumb mode. However, Thumb is
> _STRONGLY_ recommended on the AT91R40807 because of its 16-bit data path. I
> want to solve this issue (read: I want to work out how to un-break eCos
> when compiled in thumb mode).

Assuming this is the same problem I found (compilation fails with "byte or
halfword not valid for base register"), then work on this:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-02/threads.html#00059

If you can produce a small enough testcase for Richard he may be able to
help. This got pushed down my stack and I never got to it (I've been saying
that a lot recently I know).