[ECOS] Mount always succeeds!?

Nick Garnett nickg@cambridge.redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 10:06:00 GMT 2001

Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> writes:

> Martin van Veen wrote:

> > when the valid field of a mount table entry is not used anywhere?
>
> Not used anywhere in the code at present, but it is open to inspection by
> other utility functions. But in saying that, I would have thought valid
> should be inspected during cyg_mtab_lookup() and umount() before doing
> anything. Nick?

Yes. Certainly for cyg_mtab_lookup(), and until I looked just now I
always assumed that it was. The documentation certainly assumes
this. I am not sure whether this has been lost at some point, or was
just never done. The test should go in at the same point as the test
for a NULL name I guess.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK