[ECOS] Blocking input on diagnostics

Robert Cragie rcc@jennic.com
Tue Mar 13 00:59:00 GMT 2001

I have upgraded to the recent CVS version and have done a port to the ARM
integrator platform based on my 1.3.1 port and looking at the changes to the
PID board.

Everything works OK, except that I notice that stdin through the diagnostics
uses a busy wait, which is undesirable for the usual reasons. I notice also
that the interrupt handler only seems to cater for ctrl-c handling. The
comms. stuff seems to have been abstracted out through the CYGACC_COMM_xxx
interface, and there doesn't seem to be any catering for handling all
characters via ISR.

Is there a 'proper' way to put in blocking wait for all characters via ISR
on the serial input?

TIA

Robert Cragie
Design Engineer