[ECOS] StrongARM SA1110

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Mon Mar 5 06:22:00 GMT 2001

>1. In your instructions for the tools set, is the default
>    Little Endian or Big Endian.  Is there a way to tell if

In general it seems Red Hat prefers little-endian. Past discussions on this
list have indicated that not everything is guaranteed to work in big-endian
mode.

>    the cross compiler is configured one way or the other by default?
>    I know about the -EB and -EL flags.  The cross compiler is
>    called  arm-elf-gcc

Have you tried a simple test program?

int main(void) {
unsigned int u;
unsigned char *p;

u = 0x12345678u;
p = (unsigned char *) &u;
printf("%2X:%2X:%2X:%2X\n",*p,*(p+1),*(p+2),*(p+3));
}

I don't know exact answers to your second question, but if you did an
"ecosconfig new assabet redboot" and then "ecosconfig tree" then "make" you
would wind up with the RedBoot debugger/loader for the Assabet board.
Exactly how to load this onto the target board varies with hardware. I'm
using ARM, not SA, so I can't advise much there :) THe closest document I
can see is
< http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/arm/ecos-tutorial.d.html#pgfId=2562385 >.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."