[ECOS] Newbie - Interrupt Issues

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 15:59:00 GMT 2001

diem.b.dang@delphiauto.com wrote:

> Hello;
>      I'm new to eCos, the questions from our group make me think that the
> disable of all interrupt will ignore all interrupt at that point on untill
> enable is assert. I post this anyway because I think there maybe some new
> interrupt of eCos that I don't know.
>
>      1) We want to disable all the interrupt for a certain section of code but
> we don't want to lose any interrupt occur during that time(especially the real
> time clock interrupt).
>      When we use cyg_interrupt_disable(void), is it going to destroy all the
> interrupt or is it going to inhibit them (interrupt pending until all interrupt
> is re-enabled with cyg_interrupt_enable(void))?

Only inhibit them. An interrupt handler will run to completion when it
interrupts. You can also mask interrupts if there's only particular
interrupts you want to inhibit.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/