[ECOS] Anybody made user command shell program on eCos ?

Nixon, Roger Roger.Nixon@quantumbeam.com
Thu Jun 28 09:22:00 GMT 2001

I suspect that Tony is after a console that would allow execution of
commands (i.e. function calls) from a console thread / spawned thread
(within the eCos application) to examine / manipulate the state of the
running system (other threads).

Is something like that available?

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo Tyson [ mailto:hmt@redhat.com ]
Sent: 28 June 2001 17:11
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Anybody made user command shell program on eCos ?

"Tony Ko" <nhko@gctsemi.com> writes:
> I ported MBX860 eCos to my custom mpc860 board.
> Do you by any chance have user command shell program running on eCos?

RedBoot contains a command line for flash management and configuration
parameters and the like.

But there is no user command shell program running on eCos, because we
don't really know what you mean by that.

eCos applications are fully linked, so the concept of "starting another
program" (such as "ls" or "cat") has no meaning.  There can be only one
eCos application running at one time, so you cannot load a 2nd program to
"do" your shell command.  Any commands that a shell would accept must be
predefined within the application.

What commands would you expect a command shell program running on eCos to
accept?

	- Huge

The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  We do not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.