[ECOS] pci init/discovery

Narayana, Venkat A. NarayVA@nsc-msg01.network.com
Mon Jun 25 17:29:00 GMT 2001

> > etc.). The first address is the PC it hit. If you
> disassemble your image
> > you can find out where that is.
>
> Notice that it's printed in Big Endian form (GDB standard).  Thus, the
> failure is at 0x000301b8.
>
> Of course, you should be able to connect with GDB (disconnect
> from RedBoot
> first).  Then you can examine the registers, get a backtrace, etc.

Thanks guys for enlighting me. I have another question,...while
going thru the iq80310_pci.c code, i realised that, __pci_abort_handler
is being installed at the onset of pci_config and removed while coming
out of pci_cleanup. My problem is , i am using strataflash, and hence
i can't write to it, unless i enter into write command mode.
One solution is to copy the code into RAM and then update the flash,
but i am hoping to use virtual_vector_table. I want my flash vector
table [0x00-0x30] to be derived from 0xA0000000-0xA0000030, i,e
when i execute ((uint32*)0x20)[4], i am executing a0000020[4]'s
data. I don't know how to do this. Can you guys help me out.

Also, is there any documentation or url to read about pci init/discovery.

Best Regards
Venkat N