[ECOS] ARM Development with multi-ice from South Africa

Rajeev murthy rajeev50@lycos.com
Mon Jun 25 00:11:00 GMT 2001

 hello grant,
    i wanted to know from you how you are using the embeddedICE with the gdb5.0(Insight5.0) . i have a multiICE with me which i believe can be made to work as an embeddedICE. could you please give me more details as to how to connect to the embeddedICE using gdb and how effectively you are able to use it. i'm really facing a lot of problems without the gdb, though i've ported Redboot onto my ARM7 based board.
    i had sent a mail to you regarding this two days back, but maybe it didnt reach you. please do help me out.
thanks a lot
--

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:31:44
 Grant Edwards wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:18:22PM +0200, rob.wj.jansen@philips.com wrote:
>> Jifl wrote:
>>
>> > Try searching the ecos-discuss mail archives for the Jeeni.
>> > Grant Edwards has had success with that using the CVS version
>> > of GDB and Angel. Also I believe the embeddedICE (precursor to
>> > the Multi-ICE) may be usable too, but I'm not sure.
>
>Yes, EmbeddedICE works with the latest gdb.  If you hook up
>serial-only, you'll get pretty bored waiting for downloads to
>finish (it only runs at 9600 or 19200).  If you hook up
>parallel/serial, then it's quite usable.
>
>If I had a choice, I'd opt for the Jeeni over EmbeddedICE.
>
>> We are using the Jeeni and it works great. It even accepts our
>> CPU clock switching (from 32 kHz to 13 MHz). GDB worked right
>> out of the box (using target rdi E=nameofmydevice).
>>
>> Remember to use "set rdiromatzero 1" if you do not want GDB to
>> overwrite your interrupt table.
>
>--
>Grant Edwards
>grante@visi.com