[ECOS] assabet_BCR

Trenton D. Adams tadams@extremeeng.com
Thu Jun 21 08:52:00 GMT 2001

What's the purpose of this function?  Other than the fact that it
manipulates the board control register.

I assume it's some sort of generic register for various tasks?  Is there
an equivalent for the EDB7111-2 board?

I'm writing a PCMCIA Driver so should I just replace this function with
one that handles the setup of the PCMCIA controller instead then?  I
would think this would be the best bet since it's more specific, and
easier to use.

One last question.  Assuming I'm correct about making a function for
manipulating the PCMCIA controller registers.  Where would should this
function be implemented?  It would obviously work fine in my driver
file, but would it need to be used by someone else later on?  If so then
it would be best to put it somewhere else probably.