[ECOS] Gcc configuration for i386 PC

A Roturier roturier@hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:26:00 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I was trying to configure gcc for i386 (after successfully compiling
and installing binutils) in cygwin under Windows ME with commands

    mkdir -p /tmp/build/gcc
    cd /tmp/build/gcc
    /src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/configure --target=i386-elf \
      --prefix=/tools \
      --exec-prefix=/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin \
      --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib \
      -v 2>&1 | tee configure.out

And the configuration process stopped with such messgaes:

    :
    :
    checking for sys_siglist declaration in signal.h or unistd.h... no
    checking if mkdir takes one argument... no
    configuration i386-pc-elf not supported
    Configure in /tmp/build/gcc/gcc failed, exiting.

I had successfully build gcc for ARM under Windows ME. And I wonder why it
failed for the most popular (I suppose ?) platform. :p

Thanks for help.

KC