[ECOS] RedBoot Manual Distribution

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 08:41:00 GMT 2001

Bill Marcotte wrote:

> We would like to ship our product with Redboot installed.  It is my
> understanding that this is not a problem.  We would also like to distribute
> the RedBoot manual.  However, Page 1 of the manual contains the following
> statement:
>
> No part of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means
> without the prior express written consent of Red Hat, Inc.
>
> Who can we contact to get permission?

We've now done something we did intend to do before, namely put the RedBoot
Guide under the Open Publication License. The version of the redboot docs
now on sources.redhat.com is OPL'd.

However you will still need permission if you have made substantive
modifications, or are providing a paper copy. If you do want/need this,
contact ecos-maintainers@redhat.com and we'll go from there.

There are also a number of riders in the OPL, which you can read in section
1 at http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/

Separately, I'd be interested to know what your product is! If it's a
standard port that others could reuse, or similarly for drivers, then
obviously a contribution would be particularly welcome :-). At the very
least, it may be useful to discuss possible mutual PR. Again
ecos-maintainers@redhat.com is probably a better place to mail us about
that.

The same applies to anyone out there with a product using eCos. We'd love
to know about it!

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/