[ECOS] eth device drivers

rob.wj.jansen@philips.com rob.wj.jansen@philips.com
Wed Jun 13 23:51:00 GMT 2001

Trenton wrote:
> Does ETH_DRV_SC create the edb7xxx_sc variable used by NETDEVTAB_ENTRY?
> That's what it looks like in the eCos sources.  Is there documentation
> for all this stuff, or does everyone have to look through the source
> like me?  It would be nice to just have docs that say something like
> "ETH_DRV_SC creates a structured vairable of the type 'eth_hwr_funs' and
> fills it with all the function names, etc".
>
> With documentation like that, I wouldn't care about what the MACROS were
> doing, I would just use them.

I remember that RedHat sends out requests for help on a regular basis.
I guess they will be happy if someone wrote a guide about writing device drivers ;-)

Regards,
	Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com