[ECOS] Debug output

Trenton D. Adams tadams@extremeeng.com
Wed Jun 13 11:31:00 GMT 2001

So from what I gather, this is not output to the serial port when my
program outputs to the serial port, but when the system starts up right?
So, diag_printf () prints to the first serial port by default then
right?

-----Original Message-----
From: jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com
[ mailto:jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com ] On Behalf Of Jonathan Larmour
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 12:21 PM
To: Trenton D. Adams
Cc: 'eCos'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Debug output

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I noticed that my serial I/O is sending some debug info too if I run
> my ROM based program.  Running the RAM based programming using RedBoot

> doesn't send this information to the serial port, but does send it
> back to GDB.
>
> Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
>                     65536 bytes for mbufs
>                     131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
> serial example is working correctly!
>
> I'm using TCP/IP to connect so I can use the serial port separately
> from the GDB connection.
>
> How do I get rid of this?  I assume it's an option in the eCos config,

> but I can't seem to find it.

I'm not entirely convinced about it's use now myself. When the TCP/IP
stack was new it was informative, but now we could make it optional.

For you, work around it by editting
net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c,
in the function cyg_kmem_init().

Gary, any reason not to make a config option that controls debug output.
It could be a component that included other things like DHCP_CHATTER.

Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||
Opinions==mine Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in
Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions
http://www.redhat-techworld.com/