[ECOS] upload using xmodem, ymodem

Christoph Csebits Christoph.Csebits@frequentis.com
Wed Jun 13 03:52:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:41:08AM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:

> I use this script for 'minicom' on Linux.  It sends a binary file
> to RedBoot.  If you want to send .srec file, just leave out the
> "-b" and "-r" options.  In 'minicom' the script is activated via ^A-G

Thank you for your script. Using it results in
the following.

RedBoot>
** Error: Illegal command: " "
RedBoot>Sending upload, 674 blocks: Give your local XMODEM receive command now.
Xmodem sectors/kbytes sent:   0/ 0kRetry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK
                                                                 Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK

Is there a conflict using one serial line for sending
redboot commands with reading the results and also
trying to upload a file?

best regards, christoph