[ECOS] win2k download utility

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Mon Jun 11 08:10:00 GMT 2001

>OMG, that's the worst programming technique I've seen.  No wonder my
>mouse won't move hardly when it's over the cygwin window.  The stupid
>loops they use hog the CPU.  I changed the 2000 to 200 in the uspin
>function.  It's a lot faster now.  Isn't there a sleep function in linux
>that takes milliseconds?

Well, it was a DOS program, designed for single-tasked operation :)))

BTW, as a random aside: Sleep() in Win32 doesn't seem to give quite the
expected results to me. It's better to have a polled loop that peeks a
message queue and terminates when time() exceeds some known value.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
twighlight that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)