[ECOS] ethernet driver + file system support

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Thu Jun 7 02:11:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:32:25PM +0530, Vipin Mehta wrote:
>      Well, I was going through the documentation looking for the
> availablity of certain features.

Make sure you read the right documentation of the right release.

> I could find the first two in the net-1.0b1.epk. Then there was this
> mention of ne2000 Ethernet driver x86 port in the third party
> contributions. This is, I guess, different from the EtherPRO one. What I
> want to know is that does anyone know of the EtherPRO ethernet driver port.

Yes, it exists. I don't think its part of 1.3.1 and the net
package. That code is now very old. You want to get the code from the
CVS. That is up to date, as in Friday, and has the drivers you want,
plus lots of bug fixes to the steck etc.

> My second doubt is related to the file system support on ecos. If yes
> then what kind of file system is supported. Also if there is any memory
> component which we can read from or write to. I mean FLASH or any such
> thing.
> guys, please help me out.

There are driver code for flash. Again, its in the CVS.

        Andrew