[ECOS] Elf to Bin format

Narayana, Venkat A. NarayVA@nsc-msg01.network.com
Mon Jun 4 08:21:00 GMT 2001

Hi,
Can you pls help me in figuring out
what happens when we convert ELF to a Bin format,
using objdump tool. I mean, how can i be sure
that all sections of elf file got dumped into
bin file? Is there any tool/utility which will allow
me to look into bin file and decipher the contents?
As was previously stated in this thread, my bin
file, when i flashed it into a flash, does not contain
.data section.

Thanks,
Venkat

"Narayana, Venkat A." wrote:

> Hi,
> When i convert my redboot.elf file to redboot.bin file,
> the .data section is not getting into bin file.How do i know this?
[snip]

That's not our experience, almost needless to say! Which target? Which
version of the tools? And have you customized or changed the linker script
in any way?

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/