[ECOS] Redboot with 1.3.1

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 10:01:00 GMT 2001

Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 01-Jun-2001 Rajeev murthy wrote:
> > hi,
> >   i have the ecos-1.3.1 version running on my board(my own crafting) with an ARM core.but till
> > now i didnt have the support of a debugger as i ran into problems with gdb.
> >   could i now compile Redboot along with 1.3.1 and use it as a debugger, as trying to port the
> > new release of ecos will be another exercise.
> >   i think cdl of Redboot will trouble me, am i wrong?
>
> There would be many problems in doing this.
>
> The CDL would probably be lots of trouble.
> RedBoot requires 'virtual vector' support which is not present in 1.3.1.

Actually I believe virtual vectors are in 1.3.1.

> You should consider upgrading to the latest CVS version if you want RedBoot.

It may be a lot easier to build a GDB stub ROM image instead, as we used to
do. I hope we'll keep supporting that actually, as it's a lot smaller.

This is normally done by using the stubs template. This in turn enables the
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS option. You can look at other platform ports to see
the effect.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/