[ECOS] LCD on EP7211

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Wed Jan 31 19:01:00 GMT 2001

>same. I put your routine in and I still have the same problem. I get a bunch
>of horizontal lines on the screen when I execute the line
>
>*(volatile cyg_uint8 *)PDDR    = LCD_INIT;

At this point the LCD and backlight are powered and enabled but the
controller isn't DMAing.

>When the line
>
>*(volatile cyg_uint32 *)SYSCON1 |= SYSCON1_LCDEN;
>
>runs I end up with alot of garbage on the screen. At this point when I try

At this point, the LCD controller starts generating sync and squirting data.

>to write to the display memory it seems to hang. GDB never returns and I
>have to kill the process.

For interest's sake, try doing memcmp(0, 0xc0000000, 0x60). If these bytes
are all the same then my theory is right about mem being mirrored.

>I also tried this with out 7212 board and the same problem occurs. Is there
>something in particular I need to set in my eCos configuration to make this
>work? I have enabled CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_LCD_INSTALLED.

Well, I'm using the Windows graphical config tool. All I did was enable
this option. Note also that I am using eCos 1.3.1, ie the latest "full
release" rather than a snapshot. LCD might be broken in the latest version.

Also check that the amount of installed RAM known to eCos is the same as
that installed on your board. (I don't know if there are multiple versions
of the board).

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."