[ECOS] LCD on EP7211

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Wed Jan 31 14:49:00 GMT 2001

Hi Wilson,

>Has anyone been able to get the cirrus 72xx LCD code sample to work
>recently? I recompiled the code and checked the values for all of the
>control registers in the Cirrus documentation. It looks correct but when I
>initialize the ALPS LCD on my EP7211 board I get alot of garbage on the
>screen. When I try to clear the screen by writing zeroes to 0xc0000000 my
>program just hangs. Any ideas anyone?

The sample code in eCos works A-OK for me (I am using the 7212, but it's
the same board). Are you 100% certain you have initialized your pointer
correctly? I tested initially using the Alps grayscale 640x240 LCD and now
I've interfaced a color QVGA LCD, which is working great! (with tweaking,
of course).

However I did see some weird behavior with the lcd_printf routine (bad
characters, garbage characters). Try commenting out all the places in the
LCD test source that write to display memory; just call that file to init
the LCD registers. Then try your manual memory write.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."