[ECOS] How to run eCos in SMDK41100 board

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 20:24:00 GMT 2001

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> >I meant that the instructions were updated to reflect the change in gcc.
>
> Ummm.. which change is this? From extensive talking with people who
> understand a lot more about gcc/binutils than I do, it seems that thumb
> just no worky. The specific thumb target is broken (or rather, removed) and
> the codegen option is broken or missing.

No, the ARM/thumb backends in gcc were merged, which is why the specific
thumb target was removed.

> > > (with -mthumb to gas) but gcc will not take advantage of this. So you can
> > > only take advantage of thumb if you are writing in assembler, meaning that
> > > thumb support is basically broken at this time.
> >
> >My understanding is that compiling with "arm-elf-gcc -mthumb" should work.
> >Does it not?
>
> Nope. cc1.exe says it's an invalid option. (gcc 2.95.2)

Thumb is not supported in any form in gcc 2.95.2. You have to use a
snapshot, which is what the instructions on the web page say.