[ECOS] How to run eCos in SMDK41100 board

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Tue Jan 30 19:54:00 GMT 2001

> > linux(RedHat7) and gcc version is 2.96, now I can use it to compile Linux
> > synthetic target, can I use this gcc to compile arm based CPU( for example
> > ARM7)? or I should have another( arm-elf-gcc), if then where can I get it?
>
>Follow the instructions on the eCos web site to build ARM development tools
>for linux. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/install-linux.html

But ignore the instructions on how to build for arm-thumb, because it
doesn't seem to work with any downloadable version of the gcc source tree.
Build the regular arm-elf version.

(If anyone has a fix for this problem, I'd be keen to hear. My code is just
MPEG, JPEG and a DOS filesystem, and it is about 630K in size).

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."