[ECOS] ICE, ecos and Insight

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 09:31:00 GMT 2001

npyatkov@usa.net wrote:

> Hi
> I wrote a server to support an HP ICE under Insight. Everything looks fine. I
> can download code into the target, walk through source code, read, modify and
> write memory and registers, view the stack. The only problem is Insight
> doesn'tshow any theads information.
> The same Insight binary set to 'remote serial' and talking to GDB stubs does
> it.
> Any ideas?

Yes. You have to provide some means for the ICE to retrieve the thread
status from eCos. Probably the best way is to add a vector to do this on
the eCos side, and when the ICE gets requested for thread information, it
will set the target to that vector and start running. The target can gather
the information using calls into GDB stub code and put it in a buffer which
the ICE can retrieve.

Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine