[ECOS] Re: problems building ecos on arm pid

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 20:56:00 GMT 2001

ra jeev wrote:

> hi guys,
>                we unset the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX variable in our environment and
> also tried out this
>  echo 'int x;'> foo.c
>  arm-elf-gcc -v -c foo.c
>    the message we got was cpp:installation problem,cannot exec 'cpp':arguement
> list too long.
>   but we have followed the steps provided by the redhat site for building and
> installing the cross compiler, but still are not able to compile the sources.
>    please let us know where we are faltering as development work is not
> progressing here at all due to this.we would be greatful if u could shed some
> light on this.

This often happens if you have moved the compiler from where it was
originally installed (with the --prefix argument to gcc's configure
script). If so, move it back!

Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine