[ECOS] Compilation of ECOS with new system functions

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Mon Jan 22 08:51:00 GMT 2001

Jean-Claude Guiton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wish replace the standard function cyg_libc_invoke_main() by my function
> cyg_libc_invoke_main() that I put in the file
> packages/hal/powerpc/fads/v1_3_1/src/hal_diag.c. How the linker resolve the
> problem of two functions of same name ?

If you put it in that file (although I can't imagine why!), then you will
get two instances in the library libtarget.a. The linker will resolve to
the one it comes across first. Meaning if you recompile some object files,
it may start "choosing" the other one.

Not recommended!

Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine