[ECOS] ARM7 debugging

Ilko Iliev iliev@caretec.at
Tue Jan 16 07:04:00 GMT 2001

> >    - when I use no windows interface gdb connected to target: gdb>
> >      target rdi e=192.168.1.100 A user program can be downloaded and
> >      executed.
>
>You should be able to type the same commands into the gdb
>window when using the windowing interface.  Does that work?

Yes, it work.
But if I don't use gdb.ini file how can I init the chip select for RAM?
It must be before "load".

>method, but I find it far simpler to type "target" and "load"
>commands in the gdb window.
>
>If you get that method to work, and you still want to use the
>menu entries, let me know, and I'll go back and find my notes.

For me it dosn't matter - I will only the simple way to debug a program.

>need to either use a CVS snapshot of gdb/insight or apply the
>patches at
>
>   ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/gdb-rdi-patches/5.0

Thank you! It work! :-)

The example twothreads don't  work with JEENI - I receive no timer
interrupt. The same elf file work fine with Wiggler.
Do you have any idea?

best regards
Ilko