[ECOS] RedBoot serial rx interrupts

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Sat Jan 13 12:57:00 GMT 2001

> >> It should not.  Where are you seeing this [which file/line]?
> >
> > hal/common/src/hal_if.c line 419 (at end of hal_ctrlc_isr_init()).
> >
> > I suspect this appears to be happening because
> > CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR == 0 (because CYG_HAL_STARTUP == RAM ?)
>
> You should _not_ have the options required to include this code set.
> The options CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT and CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
> should only be enabled for "normal" eCos applications.
>
> > I there a list of what the values for all of the configuration flags
> > need to be in order for RedBoot to work?
>
> The best/simplest way is to use the template.
>   % ecosconfig new PLATFORM redboot
>   % ecosconfig tree

That is exactly what I'm doing:

$ ecosconfig new rpsh2 redboot
U CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN, new inferred value 1
U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT, new inferred value 1
U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS, new inferred value 1
U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM, new inferred value 0

I guess there must be something wrong with my HAL cdl file.
I'll go back and compare it to one of the others.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com