[ECOS] Hitachi SH7709A problems

Peter Graf p.graf@itknet.de
Fri Jan 12 03:45:00 GMT 2001

Hi Jesper,

sorry for the late reply, have been away from office for some time.

>Peter> 2. ROMs compiled in ROMRAM startup mode don't work anymore,
>Peter> although the pure ROM versions work. The ROMRAM feature has
>Peter> also worked fine using earlier sources.
>>>  I may have broken something when the code was split into variant
>>> HALs. I probably won't have time to look at it until next year
>>> though - so if it's something you need working ASAP, you are
>>> probably best of (a) figuring out why it fails on your own, or (b)
>>> revert to the older codebase. Sorry.
>
>Peter> I've already started (a), but debugging by burning Flashroms is
>Peter> quite tough. I'll let you know if I find something.
>
>Did you find the problem? It was the initial jump instruction at the
>image entry address. It was fixed in late December in the CVS tree.

Thank you very much for fixing the ROMRAM problem.

But no I didn't find it, seems I've looked at the wrong places. I gave up
the "ROMRAM" target. I started writing flash drivers and using Redboot
instead. Which I have now running (using a serial port) on our hardware. I
load a "RAM" binary from FIS, which is a good replacement for "ROMRAM" (and
more :-)). Pretty feature to be able to use the same code for debugging in
RAM and for the production version loaded from flash.

All the best

Peter