[ECOS] Configuration of static IP addresses

Bart Veer bartv@redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 07:24:00 GMT 2001

    >> Search for CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP although you should
    >> remember to make sure an ethernet card has been enabled in your
    >> configuration.

    Chris> That was what I tried, but I get just the following error
    Chris> message:

    Chris> C CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP, "requires" constraint not satisfied: 1 ==
    Chris> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP

    Chris>   Unable to generate build tree, this configuration still
    Chris> contains conflicts. Either resolve the conflicts or use
    Chris> --ignore-errors

    Chris> I cannot figure out, how to resolve this conflict.

There are three configuration options that implement the way the IP
address is determined: CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, BOOTP, and
ADDRS. The default is BOOTP. Only one of these can be enabled, so you
need to disable the default option BOOTP and then enable ADDRS.

If you look at CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP where the problem is
reported, you should see something like:

cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP {
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, active, disabled
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP, active, enabled
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS, active, disabled
}

This lists all the relevant configuration options.

Bart