[ECOS] SNMP shows zero tx packets?

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Thu Jan 4 00:33:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 09:14:50AM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> You need to look in packages/net/snmp/agent/mibgroups/mibII/inferfaces.c
>
> The offending bit of code is
>
>     case IFOUTUCASTPKTS:
>         long_ret = ifp->if_opackets - ifp->if_omcasts;
>         return (unsigned char *) &long_ret;
>
> This is returning the number of multicast packets output!
> It should return if_opackets.

Duh, i should not better than to reply before drinking the mornings
first cup of coffee. That line is correct.

Thats seems to be missing is code to increment if_opackets. I cannot
find that anyway. Realy you need to go back to the OpenBSD sources and
find out where it increments the counter. I suspect its either in the
device driver itself, or the generic ethernet layer between the driver
and the stack.

        Andrew