[ECOS] SNMP shows zero tx packets?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Wed Jan 3 13:15:00 GMT 2001

I implimented the statistics ioctl() in my Ethernet driver and
I've got the SNMP daemon running -- since I don't have stdio, I
had to change 'printf(stderr,' 'to diag_printf(' in the log
routine, but other than that it worked right out of the box.,

All seems well except for two thing

 1) the tx packet count is always zero.  I get what looks like
    reasonable numbers for rx packets and rx bytes and also for
    tx bytes, but tx packets is always 0.

    I checked my ether_drv_stats struct I'm returning, and it
    has non-zero numbers filled in for tx_count, tx_complete,
    tx_good, but SNMP reports:

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.1 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.2 = Counter: 19405      <== right
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutUcastPkts.1 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutUcastPkts.2 = Counter: 0       <== wrong
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutNUcastPkts.1 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutNUcastPkts.2 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutDiscards.1 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutDiscards.2 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutErrors.1 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutErrors.2 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutQLen.1 = Gauge: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutQLen.2 = Gauge: 4

    Anybody else notice something like this?  (I'm using a CVS
    snapshot from a few weeks back).

2)  I've also noticed that the system uptime is always zero...

Everything else (UDP,TCP,IP) looks like it's working!!

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com