[ECOS] Configuration Tool problem

Bart Veer bartv@redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 04:58:00 GMT 2001

    Xavier> I downloaded the new source code of eCos form the
    Xavier> anonymous CVS database. The eCos Configuration Tool is
    Xavier> v1.3.1. When I performed Build/Repository... to point the
    Xavier> repository to the downloaded version of eCos, the
    Xavier> following messages showed:

    Xavier> <<<<<<

    Xavier> Error loading the hardware template 'pid':

    Xavier> Package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X, 1 error
    Xavier> occured while reading in the CDL data.

    Xavier> Parse message:

    Xavier> D:/RedHat/cvs/ecos/packages/devs/serial/generic/16x5x/current/cdl/ser_generic_16x5x.cdl,
    Xavier> package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X
    Xavier>     Property include_files, missing arguments.

    Xavier> I suspected that the old Configuration Tool couldn't
    Xavier> recognize the new stuff in the source code. I then
    Xavier> downloaded the Configuration Tool 1.3.1.2. It could
    Xavier> redirect the repository to the new source code of eCos
    Xavier> now.

Correct, CDL support for an empty include_files list was added after
1.3.1. Hence the need for an updated configuration tool.

    Xavier> But it hanged when I perform Build/Library or Tools/Shell.
    Xavier> It seems that it cannot invoke Bash to work.

    Xavier> My platform is Windows 98 SE. Is it the problem? But the
    Xavier> Configuration Tool v1.3.1 works well under 98 SE.

    Xavier> Any help will be appreciated.

AFAIK there have been no changes in this area. The only suggestion I
have is to experiment with the Tools->Paths->UserTools dialog, which
can be used to specify the search path for things like bash.

Bart