[ECOS] CVS sources under Cygwin again - is this easy?

Bart Veer bartv@redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 04:33:00 GMT 2001

    Lewin> Thanks for the response, Jonathan.
    >> > I've tried it with the repository mounted both in text and binary modes,
    >> >
    >> > ecos.db, package CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS: warning
    >> >      This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
    >>
    >> If it's found ecos.db it's found the repository. The obvious
    >> question is whether there really is anything sensible under
    >> $ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/mips/arch/

    Lewin> It's a source tree that was building A-OK under Linux; I
    Lewin> tarred it and used samba to get it across to the new
    Lewin> machine. (The old machine is no more; I've had a death in
    Lewin> the PC family and the new machine is not well-supported by
    Lewin> Linux, besides being a bit difficult to get it installed).

You did not answer Jifl's obvious question.

ecos.db lists a package CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS, which refers to a
subdirectory hal/mips/arch

The configuration tools read in ecos.db, then look inside this
subdirectory for specific versions. In an anoncvs tree there should be
a single version, "current", and an additional subdirectory CVS which
is ignored. The tools are reporting that there is no directory
"current" or anything else that might correspond to a valid version of
the package. The implication is that somehow you have corrupted the
component repository so that the ecos.db file is no longer accurate.

So take a look at the hal/mips/arch subdirectory and then decide on
appropriate recovery action.

Bart