[ECOS] Porting Result of eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4375

Ling Su lingsu@palmmicro.com
Tue Feb 27 11:19:00 GMT 2001

> > After several weeks porting and testing, eCos finally can run on my new
NEC
> > VRC4375 board in little endian mode. I am not sure if any body need it,
> > anyway, please let me know if you want to use VRC4375 board with eCos.
> > Compared to vrc4373 board, this board is newer, and the porting work
just
> > limits on the platform dependent part.
>
> Congratulations! I'm glad that it's finally worked out for you. Did you
> have to change much from the vrc4373? And what were the solutions to the
> problems you were having?

Actually I am still have problem to build a GDB stub based on the new CVS
tree. I worked that out by using the eCos-1.3.1 distribution (adding vrc4375
package) to build a working stub and then using the CVS tree for applicition
library building. I didn't changed much from vrc4373, but since I can not
get PMON source code from NEC after several times asking, I have to find out
the differences from 4375's datasheet. The major difference is the SDRAM
power-up sequence.

Regards,
-Ling