[ECOS] More information on crash with CVS sources

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Thu Feb 15 06:31:00 GMT 2001

Hi Jonathan (and Gary),

>There is stuff in the CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP package to do this for you - it
>provides a default cyg_user_start() that will create (and resume) a thread
>that will call main(). This differs from v1.3.1 because this used to happen

Once I upgraded to redboot on the host, then main() started getting called
again, so that is OK. I need to do some more reading. I don't fully
understand yet how to compile the current version to work with stubs (as I
think I don't want to use redboot). I'm also getting close to the point
where I will have real hardware, so I'll need to port it.

The reason I've been working on several things at once is to get a feel of
how large the app will wind up, so that I could get my ROM and RAM budgets.
The networking layer takes up a vast amount of RAM, I'd like to try
decreasing that if I can.

I also need to read more on the network layer to better understand how it
all fits together (networking internals are not my forte).

Thanks for all the help; at the moment the ball is in my court and I have a
lot I can do without bothering you guys on the list :)

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."