[ECOS] Problem with testing i386

JITENDRA kanitkar Jitendrak@netbrahma.com
Thu Feb 8 05:51:00 GMT 2001

Hi there,
I am trying to run ecos on i386 target. my target set up is PIII with FDD
and serial port.
When I run insight on host and after following the procedure , it gives msg
"connection established" but when I try to run thread_gdb.exe it gives error
"can't load".

As per the document when I say "i386-elf-gdb -nw  thread_gdb.exe" on my
(linux ) host it gives following error.

[root@jitu tests]# i386-elf-gdb -nw thread_gdb.exe
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i386-elf"...
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(gdb)

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.
Jitendra