[ECOS] Re: [[ECOS] Re: [Re: [ECOS] Assabet REDBOOT Document]]

Jason Lin jlin.ecos@usa.net
Tue Feb 6 18:18:00 GMT 2001

Hi! Jonathan,

I got the old version of the configuration tool.  After downloaded the latest
version, I'm able to see the "Intel StrongARM SA1110 board" now.  Thanks for
the help.  I'll try to build the Redboot tonight.

Jason

Jason Lin <jlin.ecos@usa.net> wrote:
Hi! Jonathan,

Thanks for the help. I pretty sure I picked the eCos from the anonymous CVS.
Today, I did it again to make sure I do it correctly.  The error message came
out after updating all files from the anonymous CVS and ran the configuration
tool (using Build->Repository).  It said: "Error opening eCos repository.
Package CYGPKG-NET: there are no version subdirectories".  I thought that
probably I didn't get the 1.3.1 EPKs.  So, I sent the following command to
the
anonymous CVS.

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 9 co -P net

Then, it came back with the following message.

cvs server: cannot find module `net
' - ignored
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Am I missing something?

Jason

Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> wrote:
Jason Lin wrote:

> Hi! All,
>
> I'm working on a SA1110 based H/W platform and like to port ecos to it.
Since
> it is using the same CPU as the Assabet, it will be nature to use the
> Assabet's port as the reference.  However, I couldn't find any document
> describing how to bring up the REDBOOT for the assabet.  From graphic
> confiuration tool, I couldn't find the Assabet template as well.  Any
advise?

Perhaps you are using the eCos 1.3.1 release? RedBoot and Assabet support
are both only in anonymous CVS. Once you have an anonymous CVS repository
selected in the configuration tool (using Build->Repository) you can then
choose the Assabet target and redboot template from Build->Templates and
then import the redboot_ROM.cfg file from
hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/misc using File->Import minimal
configuration.