[ECOS] What does "Enable Thumb instructions" do?

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Fri Feb 2 08:35:00 GMT 2001

>Lewin> Hi all, What does the option "enable thumb instructions"
>Lewin> actually do? At least for the Cirrus EDB7212 target, this ecc
>
>Probably because there has not been any incentive to test thumb on
>that platform. Look at the PID CDL to see how to deal with the option.

In 1.3.1 (and... just checked... current CVS too) it seems to just change
the tool prefix to "thumb-elf" instead of "arm-elf", which is no longer
supported. Also it adds the -mthumb-interwork switch.

So I guess thumb is just broken at all levels right now.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."