[ECOS] What does this stand for...

satya kumar i_satya@yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 02:17:00 GMT 2001

Hi All,
   When we are configuring the binutils or the gcc,
then what does the --prefix and --exec-prefix stand
for.I cant find any discription of the same.
Secondly can we prepare the binutils or the gcc for
the synthetic Linux target using cygwin(that is on
windows), since I dont find any such description in
the red hat site.Linux- Synthetic Linux development is
given but not the Windows - Synthetic Linux
development.Is it possible and if yes how.Please help
me out.Thanks in advance.
Satya