[ECOS] differences between eCos tools

Gustav Kälvesten gustav.kalvesten@axis.com
Thu Dec 27 00:41:00 GMT 2001

"Linux Synthetic" runs eCos as a process on top of Linux. I.e. in an simulated environment. Several limitations compared to "a real environment". E.g. lacks support for real networking as no simulated ethernet driver has been written. Loopback access works though.

"Intel x86" runs eCos directly on the x86 hardware just like any other hardware platform.

- Gustav